Thursday, February 24, 2005

Waiting for Your Dream while you work the B job

There is no such thing as overnight success. Quentin Tarentino made a film before his "overnight success first film Resevoir Dogs." George Lucas made a film no one remembers before "American Grafitti."
You are making progress. Remember, progress not perfection.
It's common for the creative dreams, the A job of your art and passion to take time to develop. While you are working a B job temporarily to pay the rent, remember the seeds you plant are gestating under ground, and one day you will see the lawn coming in and the spring flowers blooming.
You take the lessons from every failure into your next project, and nothing is wasted for the artist. There is material for your art even in the B job.
It takes time to learn your craft as an artist. Waiting is the hard part.
The Bible says, "Do not become weary, you shall reap in due season if you do not faint." (Galatians, chapter six)

4 Comments:

Blogger Gary B said...

To put it very bluntly, B jobs suck! I'm in a B job right now and it pays the bills, albeit not enough of them. But I have a dream, too and right now I'm planning my work and working my plan. I'm doing it because I want to do what God has shown me I was born to do. Simple as that. I know that I have so much more to give and so much more ahead of me than what my current B job could ever begin to offer. Patience is simply learning to wait upon God. Waiting on the Lord is not easy, but it is necessary and it brings tremendous reward. When God is ready to move, believe me, He will move quickly, almost overnight! So God bless all of you who are still in the B job like Richard has written about. God bless you, Richard, my brother!

February 26, 2005 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Richard Rossi said...

Gary, thank you for your comments, "though the vision tarry, wait for it..." you will bring a depth of experience and compassion to your calling you would not have had earlier...Sherry, you are such an encouraging friend, thank for supporting the work of the Creator and creativity... I love you both, Richard

February 26, 2005 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Michele Carbello said...

Yes, everything is in due season. This has got to be one of the hardest lessons for me to learn. Our society has made us the "now generation." We want it now. The internet when first introduced to the masses was fabulous, then became too slow. So dial up became, "high-speed internet. Then came cable modems.
Thinking of the seasons; winter, spring, summer and fall. I love the spring and summer months but we could not have them without experiencing winter and fall. I then appreciate those beautiful spring and summer months that much more.
Don't we appreciate our own spring and summers after going through the fall and winter?
God is so perfect. He knows exactly why we experience the order of life just as we do. It all has a precise purpose.
May you all be in a place where God can bless you abundantly.

February 28, 2005 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger Richard Rossi said...

This blog is a mutual blessing because I get as much or more back from these comments. He makes all things beautiful in His time, in due season!!!

February 28, 2005 at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home