Monday, September 21, 2015

A POEM & PAINTING I MADE FOR SEPTEMBER SUICIDE PREVENTION MONTH

September is Suicide Prevention Month. Here is a poem & painting I made. I hope you can share them to show support, compassion, grace, and understanding those who fight the dark clouds until the sun comes out to shine again.

WILL TO LIVE (Richard Rossi)

i used to dream of fairy tales and maidens

slaying dragons and winning worlds

but now my dreams vanish like houdini

taking flight into the night


i woke to a dark dank morning

my transient strength gone

like the distant memory of a child's summer

when winter came like a thief


my will to live

left like a girl's youthful beauty

i don't know how to get her back

and i'm tired of begging


what do i do when hope and help run away

like scared shadows

emerson says just wait for my returning strength

that good things are down the road

if i keep walking and will to live

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home