Wednesday, February 05, 2020

UNQUESTIONED ANSWERS ARE WORSE THAN UNANSWERED QUESTIONS

Our daughter Karis went to VBS when she was about 10. The subject was the Book of Genesis. She asked two questions that resulted in the teacher telling her to "go home." The teacher said proof of God's existence is the world existing, because everything has to have a cause, (something that made it exist.) My daughter asked "Who caused God to exist?" Later, the teacher talked about the devil tempting Adam and Eve bringing sin and evil to the world. My daughter said, "If God knows everything why would he let the devil come in to the garden who could hurt them? My Daddy keeps me away from bad people who could hurt me." I told her when she came home I was proud of her and never stop asking questions. Her ability to ask great theological questions got her into the top school in the country where she is now finishing a Master's in Theology at Princeton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home