Monday, February 10, 2020

LOVE STORY


GO AHEAD, LAUGH AT ME for yes, I have become a pathetic old romantic sap, LOL. I am going by myself to see "Love Story" 50th Anniversary Valentine's Day week screening on the big screen this week BY MYSELF. Can you believe it? Go ahead and laugh.

My wife said the movie is TOO DEPRESSING, she refuses to torture herself with sadness, especially after our friend passed last week. And I will be crying in the darkened theater. GO AHEAD AND LAUGH. The tough guys and bullies I grew up with back east would have my hide for this.

I never cried for years. Then my late acting teacher, Milton Katselas, put me through a series of things to "make me cry at the drop of a hat." This including telling him painful things from my childhood, writing letters to people who have hurt me in life and telling them how bad they hurt me. And asking forgiveness for my sins. And healing issues with my father. Now I will be that sad guy in his fifties crying alone in "Love Story." The boys who taunted me for liking romantic songs as a kid would have a field day. Thanks, Milton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home