Sunday, August 14, 2022

FUNNY FUNDIES

A pastor friend told me the purpose statement of his church is to "make Jesus famous." I told him that the Bible is the bestselling book in history and Jesus is a superstar, so his goal is to make the most famous person famous. It's like saying, "I have a goal to make Elvis famous."

I smiled and said, "Maybe after you make Jesus famous, you could work on making Elvis, Madonna, & Michael Jackson famous."

He laughed and said, "Richard, you help me hear how what I say sounds silly sometimes to a person outside my church. Can you help me tweak my purpose statement a bit?"

Hopefully, I can get him to get his purpose statement in line with what Jesus said His purpose was in Luke 4:18: Healing brokenhearted people, caring about the poor and oppressed that don't have a voice, setting captives free, etc..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home